Coping & Stress Management®
Today's workplace demands high performance of its employees, but that no longer means putting work ahead of everything else. Organizations formerly disregarded the need to balance life outside of work and accepted the fact that productivity suffered as a result. Today's more dynamic, team-oriented organizations require flexible, creative, sustainable performance, the kind that comes with people who know how to balance the urgent demands of work life and personal life without sacrificing either.
Explore Coping in Key Life Areas
The Coping & Stress Profile® is a unique, self-directed learning instrument that provides personalized feedback on an individual’s responses to the stress and coping resources they have. The profile uses an engaging process of personal learning that helps individuals uncover and explore:
- Stressors in their personal and professional life
- Coping resources that can be used to decrease stress
- The level of satisfaction in their personal and work life
- The relationship among stress, coping resources, and overall satisfaction
- An action plan to reduce stress and increase satisfaction
Discover the Power of Coping Resources
Other stress-management approaches focus primarily on using personal coping resources such as exercise, nutrition, and building self-esteem to deal with stress. The Coping & Stress Profile focuses on relationship coping resources as the most critical component to affect the relationship between stress and satisfaction.
Learn Four Key Coping Resources
Four key relationship coping resources are:
- Problem-Solving – The ability to directly address difficult situations and make positive changes to resolve them. It builds upon creative skills, and it results in new solutions to issues.
- Communication – The act of sharing ideas and expressing emotions to other people in order to promote mutual understanding. Opinions and feelings are expressed fully so that people know where they stand.
- Closeness – The degree of mutual support that people have with their peers. Individuals can open up to one another without fear of judgment.
- Flexibility – The ability to adapt to changing circumstances. This refers to the degree that people are willing to change their approaches to tough situations.
Improve Performance and Increase Satisfaction
The Coping & Stress Profile® helps people in organizations:
- Discover stress issues and capitalize on coping strengths to manage stress
- Learn to minimize or eliminate common daily stressors
- Identify areas for coping-skills improvement
- Develop flexibility in responding to change
- Communicate more effectively to improve problem solving
- Build mutually supportive relationships
Coping & Stress Profile®
The Coping & Stress Profile on EPIC is an individualized report that helps people explore coping and stress in their personal and professional life.
The paper version of the Coping & Stress Profile is hand scored, with condensed feedback, and contains the additional focus areas of Couple and Family, to be used when applicable.